- Furniture such as leather sofa should be kept out of direct sunlight to avoid color fading.
- try to avoid placing furniture near windows or directly underneath a window. Dust and other harmful agents such as rain drops exist plentifully around these areas and may damage furniture
- Avoid placing furniture near heating and air conditioning vents. Warming and cooling a piece of furniture such as wood puts it under varying temperature stress and may cause it to bow or warp.
- Clean up spills immediately. This is a no brainer. Avoid stains from becoming permanent or being the cause to furniture erosion by cleaning it up right away.
- Dining tables should be safe guarded by coasters, table mats, and table cloths. Glass can get stained permanently. protect it when you have guests over or avoid eating on the bare table often.
- Don't slide furniture from place to place. Legs of beds and sofas are made to withstand stress from above, not side to side. This can break the legs of your furniture and compromise the frame. Pick up the furniture instead. Use extra help if you need.
- Accents on furniture such as nightstands, dressers, tables should be rotated periodically so rings will not form and color will be evenly distributed.
- Clean your furniture by wiping dust with a wet damp cloth. Do so at least once every month and a half. clean furniture and a clean place elevate your mood and makes you appreciate your furniture more.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Furniture Care Quick Tips
Your family sits in your modern leather sofa set to watch TV or a movie or to have a family conversation. It also sits your guests. R...
Going Bohemian or boho as others call it will turn your living room into an exciting adventure space. The Bohemian design style cropped up ...
The bedroom is the most important rooms in the house. It is where we take time out of our busy schedule, recharge ourselves, and enjoy our ...
A small dining room space is no longer a big issue. Modern and contemporary furniture builders thought of a practical way to homeowners hap...