Saturday, April 23, 2011
To fully enjoy watching TV, you need a good TV set with sleek looks and advanced features. You also need a good TV stand for your TV so your leisure may be more pleasurable. You do not need just an ordinary box to place your TV. You need a true TV stand. To pick the best TV stand for you, you need to choose the right material. Generally, there are two materials which make good TV stands aside from metal. These are wood and glass materials.
Yes, that is true! The materials have become varied. Glass materials are now also being used for TV stands along with the popular wooden ones. Nevertheless, it is always a must to know the upsides and downsides of these two types of TV stands. Let us try to find out what these are:
There are upsides and downsides to having a wooden TV stand. The same is true to a glass TV stand. You need to evaluate the material which will suit your needs as well as the style of your living room. The materials used to make the furniture greatly affect the look of the room.
If you chose to buy a glass TV stand, you need to make sure that the glass is thick enough to bear the weight of your television. Glass has the tendency to break and is not safe enough if you have pets and kids at home. It is also prone to smudges and scratches so you may need to put a cover on it. However, cleaning is easy as it only requires regular dusting.
The Upsides of Having a Glass TV Stand
• May be tinted or clear
• Perfect for modern living room looks
• Blends with any shade and room color
• Always trendy and in fashion
• Cleaning and maintenance are simple
• Relatively lower in price
The Downsides of Having a Glass TV Stand
• Prone to have smears and smudges all over
• May easily break and cause accidents to your children and pets at home
• Scratches and scrapes are more evident and may stay permanently
• Lesser storage areas; cables may still be seen under the tinted glass
• Storage areas are open making your furniture prone to dust and dirt
Wooden TV stands are perfect for the conventional type of living room. They are likewise easy to maintain. You only need to dust them regularly. They are also durable and sturdy and offer more storage space.
The Upsides of Having a Wooden TV Stand
• Offer a wider range of choices when it comes to color -- may be light or dark paints, or lacquer finishing
• Offer more luxury and primness in the room
• Available in simple and intricately designed wood
• More durable and stronger than glass TV stands
• Only needs dusting to keep them clean
• Offer more storage space as they have more shelves, doors, and drawers
• Cables are kept hidden from the view of the public at the back of the stand
The Downsides of Having a Wooden TV Stand
• They are normally heavy
• You need to repaint them
The kind of TV stand that you need to buy depends on what will suit the family and your home. Careful planning is recommended in order not to waste your money and to get the most from your furniture.
Some people think that a modern black sofa set in a small-spaced home is not practical. It would only make the area look even smalle...
Who wouldn’t want to live in a spacious home? Although we all wanted to live in a larger home, this is not possible. Nothing to worry, thou...
Usage and upkeep will keep the lifespan of furniture. Who would want an old tattered furniture, anyway? We want good furniture at home. It ...
Modern living room interior entails something unique to harmonize everything in the room. This is possible by adding modern furnishings in ...