Furniture arrangement has a big impact on the theme and decor of your home. It also determines the functionality and accessibility of the furniture pieces. Having a floor plan will make it easier for you to position the furniture pieces. Although furniture arrangement may differ in every room of the home, there is always commonality in all rooms.
Arranging Furniture to Impress
Modern Bedroom Furniture
The bedroom conditions your whole being to face the challenges of the day. This is why it is important to keep it quiet, warm, and relaxing. Regardless of its size, you need to have furniture that will tune into the comforting and serene ambiance of the bedroom.
- Get the room’s dimensions.
- Decide where to place the furniture. The bed takes the center stage in the room. Make sure to have enough space on all sides for traffic.
- If the room will allow, place two nightstands on the sides of the bed even if you are alone to create balance. One will do if space is limited. A single drawer nightstand with an open shelf is perfect. You have space to hold a table lamp, mobile phone, and drinks and to store books, small items, etc.
- Dresser. These furniture pieces give you additional storage in case the armoire is not enough.
- Chest. A chest is ideal for a small bedroom because of its vertical form,
- Vanity Mirror. This piece of furniture comes in handy when dressing up. The table top serves as a writing desk and once you open it up, you get a ready mirror and storage for your makeup and accessories, like brush, comb, makeup, perfume, and other items.
Modern bedroom sets offer styles that match any theme, such as mid century modern, contemporary, or modern.
Modern Living Room Furniture
The living room is the life of the home. Why? It is where you welcome and entertain guests, and enjoy family time.
- Identify the purpose. The living room is used in several ways. It can function as an entertainment room, family room, or receiving area.
- Pick a focal point. The purpose of the room will decide your focal point.
3. Divide into small areas if you have a larger living room. A reading nook, a cozy chat nook, and a family cum entertainment area. This gives you the opportunity to entertain guests while some members of the family can still have their “me” time while reading a book. If they have a couple of friends and you have a bigger group, they can settle in the cozy chat nook while you take the family cum entertainment area with your friends.
- Modern Sectional. Whether for entertainment or family room purposes, you would need a modern couch or a sectional sofa. Make sure to pick a sofa that can accommodate your household. Keeping a few chairs matter if it is for entertaining guests. Pick chairs that keep the user comfortable. You can use dining chairs for this purpose. Modern dining chairs offer innovative designs, making them useful for both dining and entertainment purposes.
Modern sectional is the best choice. With different shapes, you can easily fit it according to the shape of the living room and can seat more people. For instance, an L-shape sectional is perfect in a corner. See what shape best fits the room.
- Coffee Table. Place a coffee table opposite the sofa. The height should be the same as that of the sofa seat, not too high or too low. Leave adequate space between the sofa and coffee table.
- Other furniture pieces and accessories. This includes ottoman,...
...bookshelf (mounted for limited space is recommended),
Mounting a mirror on the wall creates the illusion of spaciousness. So have one for a small living room.
- TV Stand. Choose between a mounted and a stand-alone TV stand. A mounted TV stand is ideal for a smaller space...
while a stand-alone TV media center suits a larger space. Always choose a TV stand that offers adequate storage for media items.
Don’t Forget: ? Remember to open up space for traffic.
To summarize, furniture arrangement should make your household feel comfortable, happy, and relaxed. If you succeed on this, you can be sure that your guests will feel the same way, too!