Superior quality is important when purchasing furniture. Buying furniture involves spending your hard-earned money so you cannot settle for disposable ones. Aside from the style, flexibility, and functionality, you also need to look into the materials. If you want fabric upholstered modern sofas or dining chairs, you need to know the different kinds of fabrics used for furniture. Fabric upholstered furniture like modern sofas, dining chairs, accent chairs can be the centerpiece in your home. It also gives your guests the first impression about your lifestyle.
When buying a comfortable fabric modern sofa, it is important to know the ABC’s about the different kinds of furniture upholstery or designs that are available and offered in the market. You need to be perceptive and well informed. You need to know what you want and must have a list of requirements and space options to avoid buying a sofa that does not serve your purpose.
Fabric modern sofa is made up of many things that it never stops to intensify the ambiance of a living room even from the past up to the present. You can select a modern sofa depending on your needs from frame material, joinery, foam, and upholstery, or even get a customized one.
To help you guide on your selection, we have listed the different types of fabric used to upholstery modern sofas and their pros and cons.
The Different Furniture Fabric Upholstery
Microfiber is the most recent fabric used to upholster sofas and chairs.
- Soft to the skin so it is comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Traps dust with its compactly arranged fibers that prevent dust from getting through into the sofa
- Highly endurance fabric because it constitutes polyester material
- Ideal for people with allergies
Cotton fabric is the perfect choice for non-heavy use of fabric modern sofa.
- More comfortable because of its breathing quality
- Have more beautiful designs and patterns that can make your living room more attractive
- Accumulate dirt, dust, and stains, particularly if used often or in highly trafficked room
This fabric is a mixture of cotton and polyester fabrics that lead to the combination of their good qualities.
- More durable
- Minimized wrinkling in the fabric sofa because of the synthetic polyester
- Comfortable and alluring because of the cotton fabric
- Endures everyday wear and tear
- Slightly expensive
Nylon is a good choice is you have children or pets inside your home.
- Tolerates tough and rough use
- Wear and tear due to severe usage is unnoticeable
- Not as elegant as other fabric upholstered furniture
- Fades easily when exposed to sunlight
Vinyl is rarely used as fabric upholstery because of its rare vulnerability to stains and a clean look.
- Matches the elegance and strength of a leatherette modern sofa
- Does not attract dust easily
- High tolerance to normal wear and tear
- Easily rips off when confronted with sharp objects
Fabric upholstery is available in various colors and patterns, which is why it is a good choice. When choosing your fabric modern living room sets, make sure it achieves the décor and comfort requirements. Do not sacrifice on the quality. Sacrificing on quality will compromise comfort.