Thursday, May 5, 2011
One of the areas of the home which is difficult to clean is the kitchen. This area gathers all the dust and stain plus the grease and food particles. It is also a must that the kitchen be well maintained as this is where food is prepared. Failure to do so can cause diseases in the household or food poisoning as well as damage your furniture and appliances.
Thus, the kitchen must be given a regular cleaning. Following are some steps to keep your kitchen hygienic.
1. Use disinfectant wipes instead of chlorine bleach. The latter may be the best tool to thwart bacteria and kill germs; however it can damage your clothes. The smell is also irritating. Instead of using chlorine bleach, use disinfectant wipes. Use this for all kitchen surfaces such as stoves, tables and counter tops. They are easy to use, handy and are brilliant tools to disinfect and clean your kitchen.
2. The sink must be washed after every use. It follows that if something stinks then it is not clean. The sink must always be clean as this is used in washing plates, cutleries, pots and pans, and other cooking utensils and dining ware. What is more, you also wash foods that are to be cooked in the sink.
Water marks in the sink can be easily removed by using a soft cloth and white vinegar. Pour a small amount of vinegar on the cloth and rub it all over the unattractive water marks. Pour a cup of vinegar or bleach into the drain so it will be smell fresh and nice.
3. Clean the Microwave by Steaming. To remove baked on foods, put one cup of water in a microwavable bowl and add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar. Heat the water inside the microwave for 5 minutes and let it stay inside for 15 minutes. This will soften the baked on food and can be easily removed.
Cover the food with a paper towel when heating or cooking in the microwave. You can also use a wax paper to line the bottom of the container.
4. Lessen the Mess in the Kitchen. To do this, remember to put cooking utensils and other stuff in their proper places. A kitchen island can answer your problem of storing items as it has a lot of storage spaces.
5. Clean Your Stove and Keep it Grease Free. Spills cannot be controlled when cooking. This is especially so when frying. Have a splatter screen to avoid the oil from spreading on the stove.
To remove oil on the stove surface, use baking soda instead of an abrasive cleaner. The latter will only scrape your stove surface. To remove food that has been cooked on the stove top, heat the oven first and then use an oven cleaner to remove the food.
6. Sweep the floor first before mopping it. You can put a cup of vinegar in a half-filled bucket of water and use it in mopping the floor. Another alternative is to pour a few drops of dishwashing liquid soap in a half-filled bucket of water to mop the floor. Either of these techniques will remove the stain, oil and grime on the kitchen floor.
7. Lastly, empty your bin and make sure that you wash them before using.
Cleaning your kitchen will be an easier job if you follow the abovementioned tips. Likewise, your furniture and appliances will last you longer if you maintain the cleanliness in the kitchen.
Some people think that a modern black sofa set in a small-spaced home is not practical. It would only make the area look even smalle...
Who wouldn’t want to live in a spacious home? Although we all wanted to live in a larger home, this is not possible. Nothing to worry, thou...
Usage and upkeep will keep the lifespan of furniture. Who would want an old tattered furniture, anyway? We want good furniture at home. It ...
Modern living room interior entails something unique to harmonize everything in the room. This is possible by adding modern furnishings in ...