Thursday, January 13, 2011
Most of us love pets for they are our friends. Some even treat them as if they are their children. They are loving and are always there to accompany us. However, they can bring nuisance to our furniture. Furs fall off the sofas and other furniture. They chew and scrape them as well. Even if they have been trained, they still commit the ‘crime’ of damaging our couches. So how do we keep them away from our sofas and other furniture?
1. Train the pets to stay away from the sofas while they are still little. To encourage them not to go up the sofa, provide them with a comfortable area to lie or sleep on. Allow your pets to lie on the sofa if somebody is at home and let them understand your rules. You can also make use of a child’s gate.
2. Make use of a pet throw. This can be bought from furniture stores. A pet throw covers the whole couch; therefore, your pet will not be in direct contact to the couch. Available in various hues and designs, it can be easily washed in the washer. Your pet can duck near you with the quilted type of pet throw.
3. Provide your pet with a toy to take the boredom away. This will prevent him from chewing on the sofa and will keep him busy. For your cat, it would be nice to have a scratching post.
4. Have on hand a spray repellant which can be bought in any pet store. Mix it with water; and once sprayed, your pet will no longer bother your furniture. The mint or citrus scent is nice.
5. Bathe your pet everyday and put scented sprays. Give their fur a brush; this will prevent their fur falling off your furniture and floor. Cut their nails to prevent them from tearing on the sofa.